GRACE TENHAGEN BUCK’S ANYBERRY PUDDING
3 pints berries, washed and drained (she preferred blackberries)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350*and place the rack in the center position.
- Butter a 7 by 11 inch glass baking dish and spread berries evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, milk and egg until just combined. Spread the batter evenly over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the pudding is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a liquid sauce or whipped cream.