DUTCH BABY WITH LEMON SUGAR (for four)
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
3 large eggs at room temperature
2/3 cup whole milk at room temperature
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Jam or lemon curd to accompany (optional)
- Put skillet on middle rack of oven and preheat oven to 450*.
- Stir together sugar and zest in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and frothy, then beat in milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and continue to beat until smooth, about 1 minute more (batter will be thin).
- Add butter to hot skillet and melt, swirling to coat. Add batter and immediately return skillet to oven. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a lavish sprinkling of lemon sugar.
from Gourmet Magazine, April, 2009
One thought on “DUTCH BABY WITH LEMON SUGAR”
Made this the other day. It was fabulous!