ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC (for six)
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons fresh, finely chopped parsley
2 pounds fresh, jumbo asparagus, ends trimmed
fleur de sel or coarse sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450.*
- Line a large jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat the oil, garlic, onion powder and parsley on medium low heat. Cook for 3 minutes, until the garlic mixture is fragrant but not browned.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared pan. Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle on the garlic-oil mixture.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until the asparagus is bright green. Do not overcook.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot.