VENETIAN CIOCCOLATA CALDA (for four)
2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
9 ounces dark chocolate, grated
4 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons sugar
whipped cream, for serving
1. Sift the cornstarch, cocoa powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Add 6 tablespoons of the milk and whisk until it forms a smooth paste without lumps.
2. Put the milk, sugar and grated chocolate into a large saucepan. Slowly heat, stirring all the time, until the chocolate has melted.
3. Stir in the cornstarch and cocoa powder mixture.
4. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and allow to boil for about 2 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
5. Serve topped with whipped cream.