SAUTEED SOLE WITH LEMON SPINACH (for four)
1-1/2 pounds baby spinach
3 tablespoons butter
½ onion, finely chopped
grated peel of 1 lemon, plus wedges for serving
salt and pepper
2 pounds sole fillet
¼ cup flour
2 large eggs
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1. In a large skillet, bring 1 cup of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander, pressing to remove any excess moisture.
2. In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the onion and lemon peel and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the skillet and reserve.
3. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper and coat with the flour. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs. In the skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Working in batches, dip the fillets in the egg then cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Reserve the skillet, pouring off any fat.
4. In the skillet, bring the chicken broth to a boil and cook until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the spinach and fish among four plates and top the fish with the butter sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
from Rachael Ray In Season