PANETTONE BREAD PUDDING (for eight)
½ cup golden raisins
¼ cup brandy, heated
½ stick (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 pound panettone, sliced 1 inch thick
¾ cup sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2-1/2 cups half and half
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
lightly whipped heavy cream, to accompany
1. Soak the raisins in hot brandy 15 minutes, then discard the brandy.
2. Meanwhile, butter the panettone on both sides and cook in batches in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until golden on both sides.
3. Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Tear panettone into bite sized pieces and spread evenly in a buttered, 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Scatter raisins over top, then pour in egg mixture. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350* with rack in the middle.
5. Bake until pudding is deep golden and just set, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
NOTE: Bread pudding can be made 2 days ahead and chilled. Reheat before serving.
from Gourmet Italian Kitchen (magazine)
One thought on “PANETTONE BREAD PUDDING”
F I N A L Y! Yeah!!! ❤️💚💙💜🧡