OVNSSTEKT TORSK MED SITRON (Norwegian lemon baked cod, for four)
1-1/2 pounds center cut fresh cod fillet, or four individual steaks of cod, scrod or halibut (5 to 6 ounces each)
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
dill or parsley sprigs, for garnish
smordampete nypoteter (butter steamed new potatoes) to accompany
1.If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
2. Mix butter and lemon juice.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, salt and white pepper.
4. Dip fish into butter mixture, then coat fish with flour mixture.
5. Place fish in an ungreased square baking dish, 8 by 8 by 2 inches.
6. Pour remaining butter mixture over fish and sprinkle with paprika.
7. Cook, uncovered, in a 350* oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with dill or parsley sprigs and lemon slices.