COCONUT COOKIES (18)
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix and set aside.
3. In a separate, medium sized bowl add the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Cream them together until smooth.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add the flour, a little at a time, until incorporated. Mix in the coconut.
6. Drop, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake until lightly toasted, about 8 to 12 minutes. Move to a wire rack and cool.